Monday, September 17, 2012

Book-a-Holic

Hmmm...am I the only one that feels this way?  I must admit I am a book-a-holic.  You can find books of just about any genre on my Kindle and in my basket patiently waiting to be read.  I don't ever remember a time when I didn't love books which is strange to me because I had no public library near my house, no library in my elementary school, and my parents weren't particularly big readers.  I played outside from daylight until dark so there was no time to read.  Where did this love of reading come from? I don't really care where it came from but I am happy books are a part of my life.  I can't fall asleep at night until I have read a few pages.  Before I travel I read books about where I'm going.  That's how I discovered Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews.  When I need something light, Janet Evanovich books make me snort out loud no matter where I am...on a plane, by myself, or in a crowd.  The Pilot's Wife, Sea Glass, and Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve take place in three different time periods but as I read them there was something vaguely familiar in each of them.  Then it dawned on me...the same house was prominent in each book.  While we're talking about houses...have you read The Painted House by John Grisham or maybe Saving Monticello by Michael Popek? 

Oh, stop me!  See what I mean about a book-a-holic???  But if you need suggestions, I have a few for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment